2016-05-25

Eriko san's tea cup: tomonaoshi

Eriko san is my old friend living in Osaka. She had asked me to repair a broken tea cup which belongs to her favorite sencha tea set with five cups.



First I put the pieces together.
Although Eriko san wanted me to finish it with gold powder,
I thought it would be better to use 'tomonaoshi' technique.
Tomonaoshi is a finishing way using the same color with the ceramics so that the
joint lines will disappear or at least will not be that obvious.




This is my first 'tomonaoshi' work, and as I did it in the too short time 
 before I met her in Osaka today, it's far from perfect.
In fact, I would have to take more time to make the same color, to make the surface smooth
and to make the luster the same.
I need more practice.


2 件のコメント:

  1. Hi,

    I recently came across with your teahouse yourtube videos. I just want to say that I really enjoy them.

    Keep talking about tea. :)

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for coming to my rarely-updated blog. ^ ^ );
      You make me feel uploading a new video and article, thank you.

      削除