2016-03-02

fixing a glass broken in two

I practiced fixing a glass broken in two in the workshop.
First I made holes on the surface of the both parts of broken handle.


The holes are deep about 5mm. 
I used a 10mm wire and lacquer to join the parts.




After reinforcing the joint with lacquer and clay,
I swaddled it with a piece of cloth and painted it using blue colored lacquer
and then white colored lacquer.




Let it dry and filed off the surface.



The master examined my work and gave it A
that means 'barely okay'. 





2 件のコメント:

  1. this is a fantastic blog! i wonder if you know anyone who is good at kintsugi in miami, florida i have a beautiful old chinese pot whose lid was broken, and which i would like [if possible] to have repaired this way. but i don't know anyone who does such work.
    please let me know if you have any tips. thank you in advance -- corax [email is coraxjk@gmail.com]

    返信削除
  2. Thank you for posting a question and I am sorry that I've noticed it so late. It's a pity that I don't know anyone who does kintsugi in the US. I would be happy if I could fix your chinese pot.

    返信削除